Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sanding



I have really been wanting to practice some sanding on my cookies.....so I went straight to one of my favorite cookie decorating gurus and found an idea for sanding pumpkins!  Bridget made these pumpkin cookies last year...and I loved her color choices and thought it would be a great way for me to practice my sanding techniques.  Finding the sanding sugar (the specific brand I wanted....and the color I wanted) was actually harder than the process itself.  I tried to find fine sanding sugar in white at Michael's and Hobby Lobby and D&D, but to no avail.  So J and I had to drive a bit further to my favorite baking store...where we actually found just what I was looking for (after having to stop at the train tracks and make a 5 minute detour out of our way after realizing the street entrance was blocked off due to the city's annual chili fest occurring that night).  But, I guess that extra time was worth it... I LOVE this sanding sugar!!!  And as for J....he was thrilled beyond belief that we got stuck at those train tracks.  He LOVED watching that long train go by!








A few more fall things and fun cookies to share this week!

5 comments:

  1. Your pumpkin cookies are so pretty and I love that you iced in the white and the green. Your sanding is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! I really like the cream pumpkins (they remind me of the creamy pumpkin hand soap at Bath and Body Works!) I haven't had the courage to try sanding yet, but hopefully I can soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so amazing! Someday when Lucy gets bigger, can we come hang out and watch your cookie skills? I'm so amazed by your talent! I can't wait to get my hands on one of these someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sugared pumpkin cookies are lovely! I suspect I know your favorite baking store . . . I believe it is one of my favorites as well! Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete