Friday, November 26, 2010

We are thankful...

It seems that the preparations for Christmas begin earlier and earlier every year.  As soon as Halloween is over....the Christmas music begins playing and Christmas decorations begin popping up everywhere.  Sometimes, it seems, that the Thanksgiving holiday gets a bit overlooked, tucked between Halloween and Christmas.  I tend to do the same with my cookie baking...Halloween and Christmas provide such perfect cookie giving opportunities that I sometimes get so wrapped up in them that any Thanksgiving baking beyond pies and rolls is few and far between!!

Well....I didn't want to forget the importance of this holiday this year....I do have so much to be thankful for!  So I was glad to be able to make this set of Thanksgiving cookies for a very sweet family!  And my S and J sure loved getting to meet and play with the V family even if it was just for a bit:)

Of course... I couldn't make a Thanksgiving order without including turkeys....


The inspiration behind these came once again from one of my most favorite bloggers...  Trust me....read her blog once and you will be forever addicted!!

The other part of the order was for boy and girl Indian cookies....So for this... I had to go to my drawing board....  Here's what I came up with...


And with a little bit of cookie dough and lots of color mixing...Here is the final result...




Hope all of you were able to spend Thanksgiving with all those closest to you! I guess I can now get ready to pull out all of those Christmas cutters.  But first I'll be back with a little Christmas decorating project I am working on!!!

1 comment:

  1. All of your cookies are GREAT, but your people are REALLY IMPRESSIVE!

    ReplyDelete