Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mermaids

Whew... the holidays are over and my little guy's birthday has come and gone!  I think I can almost breathe now:)  So, I am just now getting to posting some cookies.  This order was for a very special little girl.  I have known Miss M's mama since I was in college.  Her mama is one of the sweetest, gentlest....kindest people I know.  We ended up teaching at the same school together for a bit....and she was the best mentor I could have asked for!  It seems like just yesterday that she was pregnant with Miss M.  But oh how time flies ...because Miss M just celebrated her 8th birthday... and I got to make her cookies!!! I was thrilled!

The birthday girl chose a mermaid cookie....I have wanted to make mermaids before but never found the right cutter and was a bit nervous to design my own.  Luckily I finally found the perfect mermaid shape I was looking for....and here is the end result!




I realized once I had sent the order off... that I hadn't taken good pictures of these cookies...I always like to get a few once they are tied in their bags and bows..  Maybe next time:)

Hope you had a TERRIFIC birthday Miss M!  Thanks for letting me be a part of your special day:)

2 comments:

  1. They were even more adorable in person and THANK YOU for making her day SO special! What kind words you said, you continue to be an inspiration to me as a Mom, teacher, and baker! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job on the cookies!

    ReplyDelete