Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Slice of Summer

Summer is officially here....and when I saw these cookies from Glorious Treats... I knew they would be the perfect summer cookie.   I loved how Glory used real chocolate covered sunflower seeds on her cookies.  I searched all of Kansas City to find those same seeds, but didn't have much success.  I did find some assorted chocolate covered sunflower seeds in the bulk bins at Whole Foods.  But after giving the kids some practicing sorting through the colors to find all the dark brown ones... I decided they were too big for my little cookie...so I ended up making the seeds with frosting.


I loved how Glory used real chocolate covered sunflower seeds on her cookies.  I searched all of Kansas City to find those same seeds, but didn't have much success.  I did find some assorted chocolate covered sunflower seeds in the bulk bins at Whole Foods.  But after giving the kids some sorting practice ( I thought having them search through the colors to find all the dark brown ones would be a good sorting activity)... I decided they were too big for my little cookie...so I ended up making the seeds with frosting instead.


Wouldn't these be a cute little cookie to pack in a picnic basket?


Or to give to someone...just because!


I will be back with some more cookie pictures soon...and promise to reveal the final cookie cutter organization system when I am finished!

5 comments:

  1. Super cute!!

    Did you try Kansas Sampler? I know they often have lots of sunflower seed things (I've gotten Sunflower Seed cookies there before - yummy!) Just thought it might be a place to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the watermelon cookies! They are mouthwatering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute, I love watermelon cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amalia,

    Those cookies look delightfully summery! If you ever need chocolate covered sunflower seeds in KC again, try Stein Mart, Cosentino's, or Function Junction.

    ReplyDelete