Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Independence Day!

When I saw these flag cookies on Sugarbelle's site....I immediately fell in love with them!! The perfect patriotic cookie for the Fourth!  Callye gave a fabulous tutorial here on how to make these lovelies.  I even learned a new way to draw stars!! Not only is she an amazing baker....but an excellent teacher!!!  I LOVE these scalloped circle cutters! I have many circle cutters and some scalloped...but the size of this scallop makes outlining easy peasy.  Callye told me that she found these cutters at World Market....I headed there the same day with 3 kiddos in tow...and found a bunch of them for only 99 cents!!!! 


My kiddos LOVE vanilla cupcakes....well...scratch that...my kiddos love the frosting on cupcakes!  I found this recipe on another of my favorite sites.  You can find the cupcake recipe I used here.  I made my "go to" frosting recipe (1 stick butter, 1 box powdered sugar, 8 ounces cream cheese and a tsp of almond extract), and found these cute cupcake toppers to download, print and cut!


A perfect little dessert basket  for sharing!!


Hope everyone had a safe and fun Fourth of July!  I'll be back later this week with some bright and cheery cookies for a very special family:)

3 comments:

  1. ...And you're a great student! They turned out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a GREAT job on them! So sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super job on the cookies Amalia. Your colours are so vivid and your stars are perfect. Love the cupcake toppers too!

    ReplyDelete