Monday, July 18, 2011

A Special Christening

This set of cookies...I finally got to make for our own little family!! Our youngest little boy celebrated his Christening this past weekend.  And I loved making treats just to celebrate his day!  Of course there were sugar cookies...a layer cake, mini pound cake cupcakes and a few other appetizers and treats!  



I made my favorite white cake from the Best Recipe cookbook.  I always struggle with white cakes...they just seem drier than my chocolate ones....so this time I decided to make a simple syrup to coat each of the layers before frosting....in hopes it would stay moist....well...let's just say... I think I went a bit overboard...b/c I think the cake was tooo spongy.... hmmmm guess I need some more practice from Amanda....she is the Queen of cakes!!!



These little babies are my favorite  to serve at a party...they are mini....so perfect for picking up and putting in your mouth!  You can find the recipe here....






Here is our little family...so hard to get those pictures with all the kiddos looking in one direction! I just love getting a shot where we are all together in one place:)


And here is the SPECIAL little boy!!! What a gift he is to us and we are so thankful for the joy he gives us each and every day!!

3 comments:

  1. So adorable Amalia! I love the glitter crosses and the doves! So talented! Congratulations! You have such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous spread of sweets, but your little guy stole the show! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww so cute!

    What beautiful cookies and cupcakes you made! They're perfect.

    ReplyDelete