Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Not so scary Scarecrows...

Last week... I went to Sugarbelle's website to look at her Indian cookies so I could make some of my own for our Thanksgiving Feast.... I had already made some Pilgrims (still need to post these) and of course I needed Indians to make the cookie set complete.  But when I got to the site... I found her DARLING scarecrows.  I couldn't resist..... as you can see...


I followed Callye's instructions to the T....thank you thank you, Callye, for all  of your detailed instructions!!!  I think the only change I made was the color of the patch on the hat.  


My hand was a little tired after piping the grooves on the hat because I made quite a few scarecrows....and the grooves were pretty tiny...but definitely look just like an old scarecrow's hat!  


These little guys have such personality....Yes... cookies can have personality....:)   My favorite part of these little guys....their sweet pink cheeks!


Today... I ventured away from cookie baking to whip up the sweet potatoes and apple pie for our Thanksgiving Feast tomorrow...

Here is the pie before it went into the oven...


And a picture (from my phone) as soon as I pulled it out of the oven....


Hoping that it tastes as good tomorrow as my kitchen smells right now!  I promise to share the Pilgrim cookies...real soon:)


1 comment: