Saturday, December 24, 2011

Santa Slices

I was so excited when I saw Haniela's post about her sleeping Santas. I love, love to follow her blog...not only is she an incredibly talented baker...but an amazing photographer!  I have been infatuated with Santa cookies this year...and absolutely loved her sweet little Santas.  The colors....their little overalls and their shape!!


I used my large Christmas tree cutter that I got from Copper Gifts this year!  It truly is like my birthday whenever I get one of their cookie cutters in the mail.  Their cutters are durable, beautifully crafted and copper!!  After I cut the dough with the tree cutter... I cut off the base of the tree and used a template to get the shape I wanted for each cookie.  It took a little extra time to hand cut, but definitely worth it in the end.


I had fun taking pictures of these little guys...but oops.... if you look closely... you will see me in the red ball....not a very good photographer!



They almost look like a little santa pizza!


I still have some more Christmas cookies that I never posted....time slipped away sooo quickly this Christmas season.  My littles were sick much of December so I was very behind on my shopping, baking, etc.  Hard to believe Santa will be visiting tonight!  Hope that you and your families enjoy a Magical Christmas and a New Year full of blessings.  

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute Amalia. Sorry to hear that the kids were so sick. Hopefully now they are on the mend and everyone gets a good night's sleep while Santa is making is big journey:)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was one of my favorite cookies this year too! Hani is amazing! I actually won some cookies from her in a giveaway she had, including a couple of these sleeping Santas. I still have them, just to look at and admire:)
    You did a beautiful job on yours!

    ReplyDelete