Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Polka Dots and Paisley

I think baby cookies have to be my most favorite to make...I always love the colors and the sweet designs....but this order was extra special to me.  The wife of one of my DEAREST friends from grad school was throwing a baby shower for a friend.  I have never met Miss L in person....but let's just say... through our brief emails and letters....I feel like we are already fast friends.  


I think her husband is a bit on edge about our impending friendship because as he says we are kinda like "two peas in a pod" and someday when we meet in person....I can't imagine the hours we will spend talking crafts, photography, baking, scrapbooking, etc.


The sad thing about all this... is that these dear friends live all the way in Texas now.  BUT a trip to see them and meet the rest of their sweet family is already in the works.  I am positive that Miss L threw an "out of this world" baby shower for her friend...and did I mention she is also pregnant with their FOURTH...She is definitely nothing short of amazing!


We can't wait to meet the newest member of their family... and I have no doubts that her adorable brother and sisters will take good care of her!!


For this particular shower...Miss L asked for aqua, lime and brown colored cookies to match her friend's nursery decor.  She suggested a paisley print and baby rattles.   Of course I turned to Callye for some inspiration behind the design I chose on the paisley.


I was happy with the way the colors turned out....


and thrilled to be able to use this cutter again (I used this same one here...)


I went a little crazy taking pictures of these because I loved all the colors together.  I took these last pictures right after I finished icing...I always love to see the fresh shine before they dry completely.


And once dried.... I CAREFULLY packaged them so they would SAFELY arrive in Texas.  I was sure to make a few extras...and thank goodness because a few did break during the shipping:(


The best part of this order (besides all the fun I had designing and decorating) came in the mail last week...


The sweetest HAND-MADE thank-you card.  I had to take a picture of it so you all could see it for yourselves.  I wasn't kidding when I said Miss L was amazing!  Wow...all the time it took to make that sweet card....simply made my day!  I can.not.wait. to schedule our trip to Texas.... we may just want to move in next door!

1 comment:

  1. Well Amailia I thought I was coming to a construction blog by someone named cookie, but when I got here I suddenly became hungry. Great looking cookies!

    ReplyDelete